Outer Places compiled a list of 23 Science Fiction Books Being Adapted into TV Shows. Being an SF fan, I read the list. Unfortunately, only four of the books were written by women. And not only does the list include mostly white, male authors, there are three by John Scalzi and two by Stephen King. That’s not an embarrassment of riches—that’s just embarrassing.
I’m betting perilously few of these shows, if they make it to television, will feature female protagonists. Ladies, don’t you just love getting a big “F-you” from the television industry? Feels even better after, oh, say, the thousandth time.
Continue reading “20 Sci-Fi Romances That Should Be Adapted For TV”
Sci-Fi Romance Quarterly #9 is now live! Enjoy over 100 pages of science fiction romance news, articles, reviews, and short stories!
Highlights from issue #9 include:
- Spotlight: The Magic of Wisdom by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Happily Every After is for Everyone by Lise MacTague
- “Origin Stories” by Sara Kate Ellis
- “Topography of Meringue” by Laurie N Meynig
- SF Mistressworks: Linda Nagata’s VAST
- Your Guide To Sci-Fi Romance Movies by Heather Massey
- The A to SFR of Audiobooks, Part I by Veronica Scott
- Multicultural Steampunk by Suna Dasi
Sci-Fi Romance Quarterly is free and available for download here. Thanks for your interest!
I’m at the Coffee Time Romance Steampunk site blogging about my latest steampunk adventure, Alexis Hall’s PROSPERITY. While not a steampunk romance, the story has romantic elements that hold appeal for sci-fi romance fans. Find out why with my spoiler-free tags!