Looking for new sci-fi romance releases? We got you covered. Want to learn about a cool & diverse steampunk comic book heading your way? We got your back. In the mood for a sociological take on the appeal of sci-fi romance? We’re here for you. Need to perk up your day with an adorable SFR short story? That and more awaits you in Sci-Fi Romance Quarterly #11!
Highlights from this issue include:
* An interview with Shawnee’ and Shawnelle Gibbs, the creators of the forthcoming comic THE INVENTION OF E.J. WHITAKER
* A guest column by author Ella Drake about how SFR explores the body-ownership conflict
* Xoe Juliani’s delightful f/f short story “A Light in the Dark”
* A “Trailblazer” spotlight on author and SFR advocate Veronica Scott
* SF Mistressworks review of BIBBLINGS by Barbara Paul
* K.S. Augustin’s Editorial about the changing nature of the SFR genre and its community
* In Cosmic Lounge, I pose the question, “Why Is #SFR Something to Talk About?”
* Plus reviews, coverage of the latest SFR releases, and Sneak Peeks!
My latest post at Coffee Time Romance’s steampunk site is about the Gibbs Sisters’ THE INVENTION OF E.J. WHITAKER, a steampunk comic with romantic elements that recently reached its Kickstarter goal! Yay!
Conceived by indie comic book and animation sister-team, Shawnee´and Shawnelle Gibbs, “The Invention of E.J. Whitaker” is a 24-page comic book tale mixing elements of Adventure, Romance, Historical Fiction and Steampunk to tell the story of one heroine’s epic journey through the cultural and gender land mines of the early 20th century to become a bonafide inventor.
Imagine a time in which your week might include being assaulted by patent-jackers, a surprise run-in with Nikola Tesla and catching up on “the tea” through actual tea time with Madame CJ Walker….with no Instagram to capture it all…
Welcome to the world of Ada Turner and her secret life as EJ Whitaker.
The Kickstarter campaign starts February 25, 2016. Click here for more information.